Friday 29 May 2015

WSL Wheel Bolts

When we had the Orion I upgraded to the WSL wheel bolts that now come standard on the Unicorn.

When I purchased them it came with two adaptors for removing them.

When we traded the Orion in I kept one of the adaptors as a spare for the Unicorn as only one was supplied with the van ( I thought there may have been two but I haven't found another ).

Today I checked the torque of the nuts and tried to use the adaptor from the Orion but it wouldn't fit,it looked exactly the same and fitted slightly but was very tight.

I then foolishly tapped it home with a hammer,I then checked the torque OK but when it came to remove the adaptor I couldn't get it off as it was too tight.

I had to remove the bolt and tap it of with said hammer before reapplying and torquing the bolt.

It seems strange that the older adaptor doesn't fit as I have just ordered a spare from WSL ( £5.99 plus free P&P at the moment,don't believe the £4.99 spiel,they add £1 VAT ),and they all must be the same as it didn't stipulate any different.

If I don't have a spare you can guarantee I will lose the original.

Ian


3 comments:

  1. You need a man box for all the goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,
    Bought a man box last week from Halfords.
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought two sets from WSL to retro-fit on my Mk1 Unicorn, luckily both adaptors fit so one in car and one in van - just in case!
    Only problem was that one of the bolts had no thread!
    Phone call and email with photie of offending bolt and replacement bolt was couriered out!
    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete