Saturday 19 August 2017

Paint,Or Is It Gold Leaf ?

Starting to think about repairing the bits of damage that the ladder incident inflicted.

First off as the van wall is scratched I decided to purchase some touch up paint.

Now of course white touch up paint is available from Halfords etc.but matching up the shade is always a bit tricky and it is GRP so decided to go to the horses mouth so to speak,that is Bailey.

Wow this stuff ain't cheap,£15.99 for 50mls,plus P&P.

Bailey Paint

That's roughly 32p per ml or to put it another way about £319 a litre.

No wonder there has been a 5% price increase this year,and here was me blaming Brexit,what a fool.

Perhaps I should touch it up with gold leaf or saffron would probably have saved a bob or two.

Mind you it does come with a little brush in the lid so perhaps that explains it.

Ian

PS
I am just waiting for some Smart Alec to post a link where it can be bought for £2.50 a gallon.

Does it come with a brush in the lid though ?


2 comments:

  1. I dont know where exactly or how bad the scratch is, but would a decal cover it. It might save a lot of cost and even using the correct paint it is difficult to match paint seamlessly.Is it worth using the insurance? Just ideas Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,
    The scratch is above the door so a decal would look strange.
    Van is in storage so I can't take a photo at present.
    I don't think things are bad enough to use insurance,plus I have an excess of £250.
    I have a new awning light on order and will try to polish the door window scratch out.
    Will post how it all goes.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete