Friday 25 August 2017

Awning Light

As I progressively bodge up repair the bits of damage caused by the fight with the ladder we move onto the awning light which was badly scored.

This post is mainly just information for anyone who needs to change the light for any reason and is braver than me.

The light fitting comes in two parts and is £42.99 from Bailey Parts,the LED bit is not available separately,there are some LED lights there but not for the Cadiz:-





As can be seen there is the outer "visible" part and then curiously the LED part is attached to a transparent piece which is screwed  to the van.

Now in theory the outer piece should ( I emphasise should ) simply click off and be replaced with the new cover leaving the LED bit attached to the van,I would now have a good laugh if my ribs didn't hurt so much.

However it appears to be stuck fast so whether it is fixed on with sealant as well I don't know,there is plenty slathered round the perimeter, left by Bailey's craftsmen.

Anyway I am not buggering about with it,I have caused enough damage as it is,my mobile man is coming Wednesday to replace it.

Doubtless it will just click off for him and I will be subject to a withering look.

Will let you know.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment