Saturday 20 January 2018

Satellite Woes

As we have an Avtex TV with a built in satellite decoder I decided to enter the world of satellite television in the van

Took a bit of advice from Caravan Talk and all I needed to do was to buy a dish,LNB,tripod etc.,plug it in and away we go,what could go wrong.

So last Thursday saw us at the Manchester caravan show where I lashed out on a Maxview set up for a discounted price,all seemed straightforward in the setting up stakes according to the spotty faced youth on the stand.

Friday I decided to give it a trial run at home,set the dish up outside the back door,plugged into TV,nothing,not a whisper.

Now according to the instructions there should be a clear line of site to the satellite not obstructed by trees,houses etc.

Now to be fair I didn't have this but I thought I might get some sort of signal weak though it may be just to show the damn thing was working,but no,nowt.

Kept trying but with the same result,then to cap it all whilst I was in the house the sodding thing toppled over,put a small dent in the dish and removed the wire connections from the LNB which naturally I couldn't replace properly.

So one day old and it is buggered.


Rang Maxview to appeal for help,shut at one o'clock on a Friday,obviously,so I have resorted to e-mail to enquire about repairing it.

All this so SWMBO can watch "Say Yes To The Dress",mind you on a previous TV trial using a dish fixed to a neighbours house we did notice you can pick up "Babenation" via Astra 2 so it may be worth it in the end.

Will see what Maxview say on Monday.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment