Saturday 15 July 2017

Front and Rear Sealing Strips

There has been some discussion on CT recently about the sealing strips between the caravan body and the lower panels front and rear.

I know this is not a waterproof joint as the lower panels are to a certain extent sacrificial in the event of damage occuring.

The strips are not very successful and to be honest look a bit of a mess at the best of times.

Some chap said he had removed them and things looked much better for it.

Before contemplating this route I wondered if anyone had some photos with them removed so I could see what it looked like.

Ian

2 comments:

  1. I was advised to use something called Silky. TBH I found using this was very hard work (at 73!) for very little gain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard,
    It will be interesting to see if the strips persist on the Unicorn 4.
    Ian

    ReplyDelete