Monday 7 May 2018

Anti Rust Corrosion Paper

Although we have a retractable VW towball on the Alltrack it still gets rusty between use despite having an Al-KO tow ball cover in situ.

Up until now I have applied grease to the ball which I then clean off prior to use.

A poster on CT suggested a seemingly good idea and that is the wrap the ball in anti-corrosion paper,something that up till now I have not heard of,prior to fitting the cap.

This stuff is as cheap as chips on Amazon :-

Amazon

Anyway I have sent for some and will keep you all posted on how it goes,a lot less fiddly and cleaner than grease,hopefully.

Ian

1 comment:

  1. Hey this seems a good idea. I do same with grease which means carrying clean cloths and brake cleaner to remove all traces of grease between sites. Probably still use grease during winter storage - but 'greaseless' during the season - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete