Saturday 21 October 2017

Chapel Lane & The NEC

Yesterday we returned from two nights at Chapel Lane CAMC site just south of Birmingham which we used as a base for a visit to the NEC show.

We should originally have returned today ( Saturday ) but a scan at the weather forecast and the approach of Hurricane Brian and the prediction of 40+ mph gusts altered our plans.

( As an aside which prat started naming these weather events,we used to have a bit of wind and rain,now it's "Hurricane So and So" breathlessly repeated over and over by wild eyed weather men,potty )

Anyway we visited the show on Thursday and became immersed in a constant round of in and out of caravans and motorhomes.

Had a further look at the U4 Cadiz and a second viewing did not improve my overall impression of it,the new Pegasus GT70 Rimini however was in my opinion the better of the two except it has blown air heating instead of the Unicorns Alde of which I am very much a fan.

I intended to take some video to post on the blog using my sparkling new smart phone which sadly proved too smart for me on this occasion as I got about two seconds of blurred footage,I will give it some practice.

One good thing about owning a Bailey is the Bailey Direct accessories and parts shop which had a presence at the show and which forced me to buy a Unicorn embossed fleece,watch out for it on site.

I had intended to add to our stable of Isabella items in the form of an Eclipse Sun Shade but SWMBO put her foot down so that was that.

After a bit of persuasion I joined the Bailey Owners Club,mainly I suppose because they have a factory visit every couple of years so I may go on that,plus 10% off Bailey Parts and accessories.

SWMBO is convinced I am the worlds most miserable unsociable man ever to walk the Earth so we may have to attend a rally next year to prove her wrong,hope they aren't like those TV programmes.

Deep down SWMBO has always hankered after a motorhome and has now set her sights on a Bailey Autograph 79-4 T,all we need to do now is find the £60K to buy one.

The sheer number and variation of motorhomes on the market is now staggering,one wonders if they will eventually outnumber caravans in the leisure market.

Ian




No comments:

Post a Comment