Monday 26 July 2021

CMC Norfolk Broads

 Well here we are ensconced on the above site half way through our two week break in glorious weather,it hasn't rained once so far though the weather forecast keeps threatening it.

It hasn't been an entirely uneventful trip,when we departed storage all the 12v electrics seemed to be dead,motor mover working though,

When we stopped half way for a break everything was working again,so perhaps I pressed the water pump switch by mistake.

Arrived on site and nudged a traffic cone which got stuck under the van,had to unhitch to remove it.

Had a leaking water pump inlet which,unbeknown to me at the time,caused a "leak" around the wheel arch as it was running down the awning skirt channel.

To cut a long story short after removing interior panels to see where it was leaking from and ringing a tech who ( fortunately ) never came I switched to our spare water pump which promptly blew a fuse twice so I have been carting a useless water pump around for a few years so that went in the bin.

Took the pump head apart and the blue pipe had come off the white spigot, replaced and problem solved. 

Then I had a puncture on my bike,so an eventful start,mind you not as eventful as some friends on the site whose air awning exploded after breakfast one morning so they had to drive home to their local dealers to get another.

Think I will stick with poled.


David Mantell one of my correspondents asked where the " bent stick" jockey wheel clamp was in the last post photo.

I use a Milenco jockey wheel clamp lock which unfortunately is unavailable now.

As I suggested if you want to make the same sort of thing you could use a hex or Torx bolt with the same thread or cut a thread to make it fit.

There are quite a few U3 Unicorns on site so they are still popular.


Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment