Thursday 21 February 2019

Gas Stop

Recently whilst browsing round Go Outdoors I came across a Gas Stop device which automatically shuts off the gas should there be a leak.

Gas Stop

Had a read of the literature and the web site and it  seemed like a good idea so I purchased one from Prima Leisure.

Easy to install but with one small proviso,the securing nut is not the usual standard size of 30mm.

Gas Stop said it was 25mm but I measured 24.. but in the end I had a similar spanner ground down to fit.

It would have been much better if it was a standard 30mm fitting IMHO.

Anyway Dan Trudgian does a review of it on You Tube,at the end he mentions free spanners* but I couldn't find any evidence of them,perhaps you may have better luck.

You Tube - Gas Stop

You Tube - Gas Stop Small Leaks

Ian

* Contacted Gas Stop and the free spanners ended over a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment