Sunday 23 December 2018

Sat.Nav

Now before my latest missive I fully appreciate that many people have been using/doing this for years as I am a late adopter in most things but anyway I will plough on.

Recently my TomTom Go Live Camper and Caravan sat.nav died a death  and despite many attempts to resuscitate it,including ringing TomTom Customer services, it was eventually laid to rest.

I replaced it with a new TomTom Go Camper ( incidentally from Halfords who at the time of writing have reduced the price by £80 ) but have not got around to setting it up yet.

Typically I wished to use the sat.nav for a lengthy road trip and as I was without decided to investigate my Android smartphone.

Eventually I found the Google Driving app,set it up and my what a revelation,this is an excellent sat.nav with spoken guidance,rerouting and all the works and best of all it is free.

This is on an Android phone which is obviously Google orientated but I image Apple have something similar on the iPhone but I cannot confirm this.

If I didn't want a sat.nav which takes the caravan into consideration and avoid narrow lanes etc.I would stick with Google Driving,it is very good.

I can hear the "God I have been using it for years" from here but anyway I have broad shoulders.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment