Tuesday 20 November 2018

Wheels

Whilst the van wheels are off for the winter,replaced by winter wheels,I thought I would take the opportunity of giving them a bit of a spruce up.

First up was a good wash down,front and rear, followed by touching up and varnishing any scuffs and scrapes they had collected and checking for splits or cracking in the rubber of which there was none,perhaps the result of Bailey fitting good quality Michelin tyres.

Luckily I had some car paint and varnish which matched the colour of the alloys.

Incidentally,some people say that caravan wheels don't need balancing but I noticed there was a good deal of weight added to both wheels on the inner surface.

Then I treated them to two coats of Autoglym Wheel Protector in the hope they might stay clean a bit longer,then the tyres got two applications of Autoglym Tyre dressing which leaves a nice subdued sheen not like the "tyre black" stuff of Arthur Daley fame.

I was going to replace the Bailey logoed centre caps as they are a bit faded but Bailey say they aren't available any more.

There are larger ones for their motorhome range and other vans but not for the U3,if anyone knows where they are available let me know,they are 56mm diameter.

Finally a couple of new valve dust caps with the TPMS logo on and job done.

I was quite pleased with the results.








Ian





No comments:

Post a Comment