Monday 1 May 2017

Salisbury Hillside

Just returned from five nights at Salisbury Hillside C&MC site.

This was our first visit to what is a very pleasant site although as the name implies it is situated on a hillside so for those with limited mobility there is a bit of a steep climb up to the toilets/shop from the bottom of the site..

There is an open area at the top of the site but most of the pitches are lower down arranged in small alcoves set among trees which gives the lie to C&MC sites being regimented.

The only slight drawback,as I have mentioned previously,is the tree cover which could do with being cut back to allow more sunlight in which would improve things greatly.

TV reception is a bit patchy,we had perfect reception but a couple across the way could get nothing.

There is no Wi-Fi but surprisingly 4G on O2 is very good.

As for the Cadiz the only thing that occured is that the Alde panel had a dicky fit when I first turned it on,none of the settings were the same as when I turned it off,anyway I reset the panel,redid the settings and all was well once more.

For the first time since we have had the Cadiz I felt the Al-Ko ATC activate when I hit a pothole on the A34,at least I know it works.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment