Tuesday 28 May 2024

Peggy Pegs

My step daughter bought me a set of the above pegs for my birthday as I thought they would be much easier to use screwing in and out rather than hammering standard pegs in and pulling out as I suffer from rotator cuff problems in both shoulders. 
[Full of innuendo here aren't we].
Anyway I was greatly disappointed by them when used on a hard standing. 
It is not made abundantly clear on their web site that they aren't suitable for hard standing use.
They don't screw in property, the end gets chavelled up and when they are in aren't secure.
Even drilling a pilot hole is not successful plus you have to alter the drill chuck for the drill and then alter it again for the peg adaptor then alter again for the drill for the next peg and so on.
I imagine on grass they would be OK
There are also some blue tabs so you can "tie it off" before the whole peg is in, these are a faff to use as well.
All in all I was less than impressed by Peggy Pegs when I had such high hopes for them.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment